Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Guten Tag!

So after 17 hours of travel including 2 planes, 2 trains, and layovers, I made it to Schweinfurt, Germany to start my fall externship rotation.  Don’t worry, the plane did not crash due to my reading of “The Gospel According to Lost.” 


There was some slight confusion about housing when we arrived (please read Amanda’s blog (amandaeyedoc.blogspot.com) for full details.), so the Quelley’s and I stayed at hotel in downtown Schweinfurt for the night.   

Schweinfurt is a cute, little German town on the north edge of Bavaria.  You know it’s a good European town when the first things you notice are an H&M and a BrauHaus with really good German food and beer. 
Contrary to popular belief, restaurants in Germany do not accept Hungarian Fornit coins from 4 years ago as appropriate currency.  Especially when Hungary is now in the E.U. and uses the Euro.   I will just blame the jet-lag. 
On Thursday, Amanda and I began our orientation at the clinic and got our ID cards, etc. 

We made our first trip to the PX in order to buy bedding and towels.   Due to our superb natural sense of direction, we got lost on the way back to our dorms and proceeded to walk backwards though the Popeye’s drive through with our huge bags while people laughed at us.  

I would write about the pre-WWII clinic and barracks we have, but my computer is about to die.  Auf Wiedersehen! 
   



No comments:

Post a Comment